Croeso i Dosbarth
Summer Term 2023
Around the World in 80 Days!
This term we will be learning about Australia.
- Discover the meaning of aboriginal symbols to create our own artwork.
- Explore with colour mixing to create different tones of 'warm' colours.
- Read and retell Australian Dreamtime Stories (myths and legends).
- Compose a dance to sequence the story 'The Firebird'.
- Learn about famous landmarks in Australia and recall fact about them.
- Create information leaflets about key places to visit.
- Test our knowledge by creating a quiz.
- Develop our understanding on how global warming and pollution have had an impact on the decline of the Great Barrier Reef.
P.E. is every Thursday
In this cold and wet weather it is also really important that the children bring a coat to school everyday.
Children will have login details for Active Learn, Oxford Owl and HWB. Going on these sites regularly will benefit their learning.
Reading books also need to be brought in to school regularly, even if the children have not finished their book.
HWB There are so many things to explore and support your learning. Log in and take a look.
Active Learn Support for maths
Oxford Owl Online reading