Welcome To An Exciting New Term In
Autumn Term 2019
This term our topic is called 'Carnival'.
In this topic the children will learn:
- About a range of carnivals and celebrations around the world.
- How to use art and design skills to design, make and construct masks and headdresses.
- How colour, decoration and pattern is used in different cultures.
- About different cultures around the world.
- About stories from different cultures.
- About carnival foods and will follow a recipe to make the foods.
Spring Term 2019
This term our topic is 'Excellent Explorers'.
This project has a 'Knowledge and Understanding of the World' focus.
In this project the children will:
- Learn about the world around us.
- Learn about Soundscapes and will plan and create a soundscape of the jungle.
- Learn about the countries that are part of the United Kingdom.
- Research Maesteg, the town in which we live.
- Create a Fact File about Maesteg.
- Learn about temperature and investigate how temperatures differ around the world.
- Learn about our senses and will create a Senses poem.
P.E will take place on Tuesday afternoon. The children can wear their PE kits to school, such as joggers, leggings, t-shirt and school jumper or cardigan please.
Reading books and learning logs
Please remember to read as much as you can with your child at home. Make sure the reading books and reading records are returned every week preferably before Friday. Keep reading and sharing your books.
Thank you and Diolch for your continued support.
Miss H MacArthur (Class Teacher)
Mrs S Bowen (LSO)