Welcome to the Summer Term!
Our topic this term is 'Around the World in 80 Days!'
We will be having lots of fun learning new skills both indoors and outdoors.
The country our class will be exploring is Spain. We will be working towards organising a Spanish Flamenco Festival!
We will continue to develop our phonic skills through Read, Write Inc.
Our maths work will focus on estimating and measuring.
What an exciting Summer Term!
Ongoing learning activities that you can support your child with at home are as follows:-
- Learn your ‘red words’. – play games as suggested in previous reading challenge activity ideas.
- Make sentences using a capital letter to start and a full stop to end it. Remember also to use finger spaces.
- Practise your number and letter formation. Remember to start at the correct starting point! See the Read, Write, Inc chart.
- Practise spelling words using your Read, Write Inc sounds.
- Use ictgames.com (phoneme lists) to read different words made up of different spelling patterns.
- Practise counting in different ways. Forwards, backwards, in 2’s and 10’s.
Every pupil has access to a range of resources on Seesaw. Use your login details to access them and to see any updates from your child’s teacher.
Here are some suggested apps that are designed to practise maths, reading and spelling skills:-
www.oxfordowl.co.uk – Library of free e-books
All home learning tasks that have been sent home with your child can be found on Seesaw.
Thank you for your continued support!
To bring your Reading Book on Mondays.
Wear your PE kit to school on a Friday.